Friday, October 7, 2011

Days 18 & 19


Day 18
Another great day!  I have been feeling amazing.  More energy is always good too!  I found this quote on Pinterest the other day.  It's pretty much EXACTLY what I tell people about this fast:
It's anything but easy.  Especially with 3 young children to feed all day long.  And nights were always our family time.  My husband would get home from work and we would all sit down at the table and have dinner together.  So that's hard.  Being around all the food is hard.  But has definitely gotten much easier.  Like I've said in previous posts, I am really enjoying the pure smell of food.  Taking it in.  Savoring it in my nose.  But easier, doesn't make it easy.  But it's MORE than worth it.  I haven't had any kind of cold, allergy, nothing....this whole time I've been on this fast.  And this is cold season where we live.  Tons of people's allergies going crazy, stomach bugs, head colds.  All the while, I feel great!

I did have some serious cravings during the evening/night hours.  My hubby and I had a movie night and rented Thor and Scream4.  It's hard having movie night without the snacks!  lol  Oh, how I wanted some popcorn and some chocolate!  But I got through it.  Thankfully, we don't have any of that in the house anyway. 

For some reason I have felt bloated the past couple days.  So, I decided to drink less juice and more water. During the past couple days, I also have not lost any weight.  It's kinda weird.  

Day 19
T minus 11 days! woot!
Today is another feeling good kinda day!  Also, the bloated feeling is going away.  The only thing I could think was the strawberries?  Not sure.  I had been doing mostly greens with just a bit of fruit, then I did a few days of more fruit.  In those days I have not only not lost weight, but also felt bloated.  Hence, it's back to mostly veggies today!  *although those strawberries were a nice treat!

Today's Juicing:

Breakfast:
Orange Juice - 4 oranges (made 14oz)  for some reason the bag of Oranges we got from Sam's are smaller and also don't have as much juice as the individual one's I got from WM.  Usually it only takes 3 oranges for 16oz.  

Snack/Lunch:
Some leftover Carrots and Greens from yesterday:
4 carrots
1/2 cucumber
2 celery sticks
1 Apple
4 kale leaves

After-lunch/Dinner
Mean Green 
2 Apples
3 Celery sticks
1/3 Lemon (peeled)
1 Cucumber
3 Collard laves (we are out of kale at the moment, otherwise it would have been 5-6 kale leaves)
1 small piece of Ginger


Total weight loss through today: 16lbs

I have pretty much decided that after this fast I am going to live a mostly vegetarian/vegan/plant-based diet.  We aren't going to be all super crazy with it.....if we eat at someone else's house or go out to eat and want to splurge a bit, then we can.  Although I'm sure our stomach's will not like us afterwards, lol.  But, I believe if we can get our at-home eating as healthy as possible, then a little splurge every once in a while won't through us way off track.  But it's what we want in our house for the most part. Because it's really the fact of having all the crud in the house, eating it all the time, then going out and eating even worse, getting lazy or in a hurry and going through fast food.....it adds up.  Real quick. And like I've said, I felt like crudola eating the way we were, and so did my husband.  So we have both made the commitment to start eating better from the start as to not get back into old habits, that honestly don't even sound good to us at the moment.  

So our biggest prayer now is that we will be able to do this healthier eating within our budget.  Meat is pretty expensive, and although we don't eat a lot of it, just cutting out the real bacon and chicken, and small amount of hamburger we buy will really help out.  And we are still not sure how the whole foods thing will go with our only good whole food place being about 45min from our house.  We will really have to figure out either just a few specific things to get there or how to buy bulk online or something....still trying to figure that out. 

P.S. : Check out Pinterest.com or the Pinterest app on your iPhone for some great healthy recipes and other juicing blogs/websites!  Feel free to look through my "Healthy" board!

Remember all, stay strong!  Your body will not like this fast the first couple days.  But stick with it, cus ....
"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be WORTH IT!"

Happy Juicing!

No comments:

Post a Comment