Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 24

6 more days!

And it's my wonderfully amazing hubby's Birthday!!!  Happy big 30 sweetie!! Love you!

Today was another day of feeling just wonderful and full of energy that I haven't had in quite some time. Our laundry baskets are all empty....we have 2 triple separators in our laundry room....so essentially 6 "baskets" in there alone. I have really shown our laundry room who's boss over today and the previous two days. I walked in this afternoon and said, "wha? wha?" and the trembled.  Ok, so not really, but you get the point.  And it's awesome. It's even all put away! Yippee! Our whole house has stayed clean!

This morning after breakfast, I went into the kids playroom. They all asked, "Mommy, can u sit and play with me?!". My initial thought was "in a few min because I need to.....". Hey, wait a min! I already have everything clean because I have started keeping it that way again! So nice!!! "why yes, I will play with you right now! Let's get the trains out!".

Loved it! I have all my energy back and then some! Healthy is wonderful!  Life if good!

Here are a couple new food recipes...I've also had the energy to cook good meals and snacks for my fam!!!

Roasted Chick Peas:
I can chick peas
2tsp olive oil (I used vanilla since we are out of olive oil)
2tsp brown sugar
Cinnamon, sea salt, nutmeg (to taste)
I also added cajan seasoning since these were part of dinner.

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
Rinse chick peas in water. Pay dry. Take any loose skins off. Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment. Bake chick peas (unseasoned) for 25-30 minutes. Put chick peas in a bowl and add the olive oil or vanilla (whichever you use), toss. Then add all other seasoning and toss till chick peas are well covered.

Serve warm or throw in a salad! Both my children and husband loved them! I will be making more for the kiddos tomorrow.


Oven Baked Chicken, couscous, and spinach salad: (this recipe has NO butter or oils!!!) #healthy
1lb chicken (we use the tender size)
pepper, sea salt, touch of curry, Creole....all to taste
Water
2 Carrots
1 box Couscous (your choice on flavor.  We used the roasted garlic & olive oil)
Handful of Spinach
Lemon
Parmigiana
Roasted Chick Peas

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees

Clean chicken and place in an 8x8 glass cookware
Cover with water
Peal and slice fresh carrots and add to chicken
Throw in all the seasonings to taste (except parm)
Cover with foil
Cook at 425 degrees for 40 minutes (I flipped the chicken pieces over once)

When your chicken has about 10 min left, start the Couscous.  Just follow the directions on the box.  However we didn't put in any butter or olive oil.

Take your Spinach and line your plate.  Sprinkle some juice from a lemon onto the spinach for a light dressing.  Sprinkle on parmigiana and the chick peas.

Once your Couscous and Chicken are finished, add Couscous to the center of the plate.  Tear chicken into smaller pieces and lay on the Couscous.  Add the carrots.

Serve!

And in the words of my hubby, "This is one of the best meals I've ever had.  SO good!!"  He loved it all.



This is what I get to open once my fast is OVER!  yay!  I cannot wait to use it!  It is for anything I want to grill.....Panini sandwiches, veggies.....anything!  


Happy Juicing everyone!!!

Oh.....and down another 1/2 pound! Total lost....18 1/2 lbs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment