Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1 Week update (after the fast)

Well, it's been a week since I ended my juicing fast!  I am still feeling great.  Still the same weight.  I've been watching what I eat.  Just eating vegetables....and a few cookies :)  I took my wonderful husband out for his birthday dinner finally!  We went to Bonefish....had some fish.  We also took the kids to On the Border.  I got Veggie Fajita's.  I also ate my share of chips and salsa/queso blanco.  I wasn't hungry the next day so I just juiced.  Just goes to show how long it takes food to get through the system.  And how many calories/fat you eat when eating out....even if you try and do it healthy.  Each of the two times that we ate out, I juiced the next day.  I just was so full still, but I wanted to make sure my body was still getting a good amount of nutrients.

It's SOOOO stinkin' nice to have energy!  I have energy to play with my children, clean the house, exercise....etc.  Yesterday we spent the 1st half of the day out and about.  I took my hubby to work, then me and the kiddos went to Hobby Lobby and literally spent an hour and a half there.  Then we went to Target.  Then home to have lunch and to let the kiddos relax a bit , and then we went back out to go to a park before picking up Chris from work.  And I wasn't even tired!  Pre-Fast I would have been about to crash and fall asleep after about 20 min in Hobby Lobby.  HA!  Today I have spent the day dancing with my kiddos while listening to music, washing laundry, playing trains, and cooking some yummy Southwest Egg Rolls.....check out the "Healthy Recipes" tab for the recipe!

As I mentioned above, I was out with the kiddos the good majority of the day yesterday.  But what you may not have caught was what I DIDN'T do.  I DIDN'T get a coffee (still have yet to drink coffee...well I had a couple sips at church last night, but it was NAS-TY.  blek).  And I DIDN'T grab any kind of food while out.  NOTHING.  After we finished at Target, instead of running through fast food and heading to the park, we went home so I could MAKE lunch.  Then we went to the park afterward.  Don't get me wrong though......I REALLY wanted to grab some Popeye's.  :)   But besides that, fast food doesn't sound good at ALL.

I heart veggies!  Eating right just feels SO good.  Too good to go back to the way I was.  My clothes are loose!  I can actually dry my pants in the dryer....and they are still loose!  YAY!  It's about more than just weight loss though....although that definitely helps....but more than anything just feeling more healthy and having energy is the best!

I am still juicing at least once a day....sometimes twice.  I love it!  Seriously, if you have never juiced...DO IT!!!  You won't regret it!!! So Good.



No comments:

Post a Comment