Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 20

If today was summed up in three words it would....Great Family Time
If it had another 4 words, it would be.....I WANT TO EAT

Ugh

Having myself a little pity party.  And I have been a bit grumpy this evening.  We went out this afternoon and had a great time as a family.  We went to the park and had a picnic.  The kids got to climb rocks, jump off rocks, and roll down a hill till they couldn't roll anymore.  Then we went to the 'nade to hang out.  Kids got their usual "strawberry bear" (strawberry-lemonade at the Antie Anne's/Choc Factory....they have a ginormous stuffed bear in the window....hence "strawberry bear" drink).  Chris got himself some chocolate.

*Sigh

It was a great, but HARD day.  It was hard sipping my drink at our picnic while everyone else had sandwiches, baked lays, and apples.  It was hard going to the 'nade and not enjoying some chocolate with the hubs or getting a frap.

By the time I was done smelling all the glorious smells of our world of food, I was feeling a bit like Oscar the Grouch.  Or maybe a big bear, because I really just wanted to GROWL.  I wanted to throw myself down on the floor and have a toddler fit, kicking and screaming.  And quite honestly, I did in my mind.

But then that little voice in my head reminded me of why I am doing this.  That a quitter would have given in to the chocolate or getting a coffee.....or heading to Sbarro's for a slice of cheese pie.  But there was a purpose to my juicing madness.  That I was NOT a quitter.  And that I needed to suck it up, juice a big pineapple for dinner, and PUT MY BIG GIRL PANTIES ON.

The only bad thing about being blunt and to the point.....the voice in my head is the same.

So, here I am writing this.  Fresh pineapple juice on the nightstand 1/4 way drank.  Big girl panties back on.....although I'm still not super happy about it.  And I will push on to Day 21.

Because I have a purpose.

Change.  Healthy.  Renew.  Lifestyle.

Purpose to my juicing insanity.

And really, what is 30days when looking at the whole span of our lives.  It's nothing.  But it's everything if I quit.  And it's everything if I push through, finish, and start living a healthier lifestyle.

So here is me telling you again.....

Not everyday is going to be super awesome.  Some days will be DIFFICULT, and YOU will be CHALLENGED like never before.

BUT.....hang in there.  DON'T give up.  PUSH through.  You'll regret it if you don't.  And I refuse to live in regret.

Remember that saying...."10 years from now, you'll wish you would have started today"

Happy Juicing!


No comments:

Post a Comment