Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 8

As excited as I am about what the outcome of this juicing fast will be, I am just as excited about getting there...being done with it.  And I still have 22 days.  I now know why on the Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead documentary they skip from day 2 to like day 16.  The first two weeks are just plain hard.  Oh...and grumpy.  I've been a bit grumpy too.  And if you love food and eating in general, it's also full of mental whining.  Lots of whining.  I could probably fill this entire post with just that.  Whining.

But I won't.

The weight loss is really helping keep it going.  And even more than that just knowing that I do need this as I mentioned in my Day 7 post.  It is making me so much more aware of how much my cravings end in indulgences.  Unnecessary ones.  Indulgences that happen for one main reason; my lack of self control lately.  Which is why I have gained all this weight over the past year, and why I have been so tired and blah feeling these past few months due to not being at a healthy, comfortable weight and just eating anything I want and giving in to every single little craving.  Hence, my still going to the pantry out of habit.  Opening the door, and literally saying out loud, "what am I doing, I can't juice anything in here" lol.

So while I feel as though I've lost a bit of excitement and zeal, I am also gaining self control, losing weight, feeling healthier....and that all helps me push forward with a bit of that beginning zeal.

I think it's pretty cool that since I cannot give in to my cravings, indulgences, or eat at all for that matter that my nose has kicked it into high gear.  When I smell food, I'm not just smelling pizza or BBQ or tortilla chips....I'm literally smelling all the ingredients in it....the garlic, oregano, parmigiana, salt, or whatever the seasoning.   It's pretty crazy.  It's giving me a new found love of just enjoying the way something smells and being satisfied with that.  Loving the smell without feeling the need to eat it.

I don't have any new recipes these past couple days.  I did juice an entire pineapple today.  It was awesome!  I am really loving the way REAL juice tastes.  I've honestly never liked pineapple juice alone.  It's so gross if you buy it from the store. But I've always loved fresh pineapples, and juicing it is just heavenly.  The fresh orange juice and fresh apple juice is also fantastic.  Not sure I will be able to go back to any store bought juice after this fast.  Especially knowing what I know now about the process of how it's made, even if it says fresh fruit, not from concentrate.  Nothing is as good and nutritious as taking a raw fruit or veggie and juicing it.  And I can definitely taste the difference.  In a big way. So good.

Today I drank about 40oz of juice
20oz being an Orange/Apple/Greens blend
20oz being the Pineapple (minus what Trinity sucked out before I caught her drinking all my drink, lol)  She apparently likes pineapple juice too :P sneaky little thing.

Juice weight loss: 5lbs 14oz
Total weight loss: 12lbs

If there are any fellow juicers reading today, how is your juicing going?!!!   Would love to hear some of your stories!

On to day 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment