Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 4

I'd like to start by saying a BIG thank you to all those who have been commenting, texting, talking, and facebooking me with all the encouraging words! I am Super pumped that so many of you have since decided to start your own juicing towards a healthier life! Just that alone, has been a huge encouragement. I love people posting and texting telling me that they are buying or just bought a juicer and are going to start. It's so exciting!!! And I love that this journey has become a sort of juicing group! So keep the love coming and I'll keep the posts coming and the recipe's coming!

So about day 4....
And please, don't take my day four morning experience to mean you will go through the same thing....
I found out this morning. Early. 530am to be exact. That 32oz is not enough. Well, not enough if I don't want to end up getting sick the next morning. As in throwing up. dry-heaving. Unless that was some kind of 4th day natural detox? Either way, it wasn't fun. at all. I drank a cup of water, and a few sips of Mean Green that was in the fridge for Chris to take to work, as I didn't want to take a chance on waking up the kiddos at 6am. It didn't help much. But after all that was finally over and I was able to keep some juice down I started feeling better. And the rest of the day has been pretty good. Stomach still a bit touchy, but not bad.

On the menu today....

For breakfast I made an Apple-Lemon Juice.  It was said to taste like Lemonade Sherbet....but it didn't.  Maybe it makes a difference that my juicer is not the Breville?  Not sure...It pretty much just tasted like Apple with a hint of lemon.  Still good, just not what I was expecting it to be.  Watch the YouTube video here...
http://youtu.be/RVrTj0QfOA4
There are also some other vids by "The Juice Master: Jason Vale" on YouTube you can check out!
Recipe:
2 Green apples
1/3 Lemon (peeled)
Total Juice: 16oz

Then lunch:


Recipe:
3-4 Collard leafs
1 Orange
1/2 Mango
1 Carrot
3 slices Pineapple
Total Juice: 16oz

Dinner:
Then I made the Martha Stewart Green Juice.  Check it out here on YouTube...
http://youtu.be/kguQEz-Rakw
Recipe:
Spinach - large handful
Parsley - handful (including the stems)
1 Apple
1/2 Pear
Papaya - 1 slice
1/2 Cucumber
Ginger - small piece
Total Juice: 14oz

Post dinner juice just to bump my numbers and because I was craving Pineapple :)
4 slices of Pineapple
Total Juice: 3oz
Really, to get a full juice of pineapple (16oz) I would've had to juice the whole thing, but I just wanted a bit, and that was all I had left.


Total for today: 49oz
And drinking water the remainder of the evening.

And this along with some broccoli and cheese is what my children got to eat.... lol....oh, how I wanted just a bite.  I really heart potatoes. But who can really just have one bite?  Not this girl! lol
And incase you want this recipe here it is too:
4 red potatoes (cut into chunks)
Cajun seasoning (to taste)
Creole (to taste)
Greek Seasoning (to taste)
Parmigian (again, to taste)
Mix all ingredients together
Add water until Potatoes are almost completely covered
Parsley - just a few leaves sprinkled on top
cook it in the oven @400deg for about 55min or until potatoes are softened to your liking.
I know it sounds like a smorgusboard of different spices, but I promise it really is good.  Obviously I didn't get any tonight, but have had it before and it is divine and my kiddos love it!  Just the smell was wonderful. And as I wasn't able to eat it, I did my share of smelling, lol....oh the temptations.....



Oh, and I was down almost another pound today - .2oz away...so I'm rounding that to a pound :)

Total weight loss: 3lbs

1 comment:

  1. Ha so ive just read this and thought how funny that we both complained about the smell of our kids food. Anyways everyone was talking about you snd your juicing and it really is inspiring people! I only have 8 days left phew! We had a beetroot one tonight, very good! I love the juices and when we go back to a normal healthy diet, we will include a juice every morning, all of us! We are going to to go for a plant based diet plus occasional organic meat, the kids are already on it and I can see improvement on Graces illness and am using a lot less painkillers. Keep posting and encouraging me, love ya girl!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete