Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 6

Hello all!

A bit tired today, but I did have a very busy day and evening last night getting ready for our garage sale we had this morning. Then I was up early for the garage sale this morning as well. So tiring. But all in all besides a bit of tiredness I am feeling great! We did pretty good over all at our garages sale. We had a specific amount needed, and it was met! PTL

So what the menu looked like today...

Breakfast/Lunch:
1 Orange
1 Apple
5 Kale leaves
1 lime
1 Carrot
4 Celery Stocks
Total Juice: 21oz

I was in a bit of a hurry to get back out to do the garage sale this a.m., so I didn't have time for a pic on this one. Sorry all!

Dinner:
Baha Juice
1/2 Pineapple
1/2c Cilantro (sml handful, stems and all)
1 lime
5 red lettuce leaves
Total Juice: 16oz

This one was pretty good and a nice change from the cucumbery gingery drinks. I didn't have one of those today, as I just needed a break from the Mean Green, lol.

So far, not really having any cravings, although food that's right in front of me almost always looks good. Dinner is definitely the toughest as that is when we would all eat together at the table. Our kiddos have started asking, "Mommy, where you food?" and my response, "I'm drinking my food :)" and them "oh (insert puzzled look) ok." Ha, they are so funny. I was at Wal-Mart today buying more apples, oranges and pineapple and all I could smell was a fresh baked pizza. O.M.W It smelled like freaking heaven. I heart pizza. Really anything Italian, except sausage, I like. Correction...I love. And it's really funny, but just having something to smell besides the juice I'm drinking (which honestly doesn't always smell delish) is actually quite lovely and satisfying. It's teaching me that just because I smell something and really want it, that doesn't mean I NEED it and go buy it for a "snack". lol....oh man. Heartbreaking. HA

This definitely isn't easy. But what is, that produces change in our lives. I could just not do it. Stay the same. Not loose any more weight. Not start a healthier lifestyle. Not have more energy. It's easier to be lazy. So maybe you're thinking, "That's great for you, but I could never do that. That just doesn't sound like fun." lol. Sacrifice never sounds like fun though. I'm sacrificing 30days to hopefully change my life for the better. So, is drinking nothing but juice and a bit of water all day, not eating anything, smelling all sorts of yummy food and wanting to eat it, making food and giving snack to my kiddos all day long not having any of it FUN? um, not so much. Maybe 30days is a bit radical. But I like radical. Radical produces change. And change can be really good. Counting my pre fast preparing week, I've already lost 11lbs total. I am fitting into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to fit into in quite some time. My skin feel smoother. I just feel healthier all around. And I'm sure more energy is still to come!

So here's to day 6!
Juice Fasting stats
Weight loss today: 1lb
Total weight loss: 5lbs

Total weight loss counting pre-fast prepare week: 11lbs

1 comment:

  1. Any advice for someone always on the go ?

    ReplyDelete