Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 2

Ugh. so not gonna lie. today.was.hard. Not really cravings wise, but just having that desire to eat. We loaded up the kiddos this morning to take Chris to work. So I had the truck. We came home and tried to get the house picked up a bit. Then left again to take Chris some food, get gas, air the tires, and set up the Student Center at church for Life Group tonight. And quite honestly I wanted nothing more than to NOT be drinking juice. I really didn't even care what I ate....burger king, taco bell, a McD's frape. I just simply felt like eating. Although I seriously wasn't hungry. like. at.all. I didn't even get all my juice drank today...again.

Today I drank:
(1) 16oz Apple juice
Recipe:
3 apples - cored and sliced
I ran the pulp through twice to get the most juice out
(2) 14 oz Mean green (recipe on prev post)

Total: 44oz

I weighed myself in the morning right after getting up and I was down 1lb.

Most people say day 2 is the hardest, and now I see why. The simple desire of wanting to eat was fierce. Moving past that to really listen and know when actual hunger begins...hard. Because like I previously stated, I just wasn't hungry. Those juiced veggies and fruit are keeping me stuffed. One thing I keep thinking about is the majority of the world, especially 3rd world countries don't have a zillion choices like we do, or even more than one or two for that matter. Plus it amazes me how healthy countries are until they get invaded by US fast food franchises. Once slender, healthy people become overweight and put on meds for health issues. Check out Forks Over Knives to see the China Study.  I thought it was interesting.

Anyways....on to day 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment