Monday, January 2, 2012

Rebooting Day 1

Today is the first day in our Church wide 7 day fast.  And of course, I am juicing :)

Since my fast back in Sept/Oct I have maintained my weight.  Oh sure, I would gain a couple pounds here, but then would loose them within a day or two.  I haven't eaten hardly any meat.  The first time we bought any meat was last week when I bought some chicken to make homemade chicken noodle soup.  Other than that, I have only had meat at the in-laws or if we eat at Chik-fil-A...I'm a little hooked on their chicken salad sandwich.  Besides the Chik-fil-A, I've done pretty good if we eat out.....veggie fajita's at the Mexican food places, soups and salads (no thick ranch dressing either!...and I love ranch).

I did start to snack a bit again with the holidays.  I knew it was bad, but it tasted SO good.  And what kind of host doesn't try what I'm gong to be feeding my guests.....you know, 'cause the chocolate covered pretzels could have somehow not turned out as good as they usually do.  ;p  Of course they turned out lovely...one after the other.

Then Christmas came, as did a stomach bug of sorts.  Which left me bathroom bound for 3 1/2 days and nights.  Don't forget the nights.  Not fun.  I had gained a couple pounds from my holiday snacking, but after my sickness was down 2lbs under my pre holiday weight.  It was the worst.thing.ever.  And definitely the worst way I've ever lost 4-5 lbs.  Ugh.  I really don't know why anyone would want to go on one of those crazy diets where you drink something that makes you do what I did for a couple days....on purpose.  Really.  Why?

Anyways....Focus....Day 1

My day one of this fast was tough.  If it could be summed up in one word: Exhausted.  I was exhausted today.  All day.  I stayed up way to late last night early this morning watching movies.  And I paid for my 2am bedtime severely.  BUT, I do have to say that the movie Warrior was absolutely AMAZING.  Great story.  Go get it at Redbox.  You won't be disappointed.   On the other hand you can skip the movie Boy Wonder.  Not great.

So my day today was rough to say the least.  I came off a bit grumpy I'm sure.  But I was really just exhausted.  My wonderful hubby even sent me out of the house to spend my gift cards he gave me for Christmas at my fave clothing store (Altar'd State) thinking maybe I just needed some me time.  It was nice, and I got a new pair of TOMS.  And I also walked around my other fav store, Williams-Sonoma.  I have to be honest though, I really just wanted to go to the Pressroom with a book and drink either a cup of hot Savoy tea or a honey vanilla latte....or both, and grab a piece of their yummy cake while I'm at it.  I was tired and wanted something comforting like a hot beverage and cake.

But I didn't cave.

My time with the Lord today consisted of a little worship music and some prayer time while driving to and from the Promenade.  It was good, but I'm sure will be much more fruitful on Day 2 when I'm awake.

My juice today:
Breakfast: 3 oranges, 2 big handfuls spinach, 2 stocks of Celery
Lunch: Water
Dinner: 4 Apples, 1 Cucumber, 1 bag Cranberries


No comments:

Post a Comment